- Discuss communication skills and techniques needed to effectively work as a team during an emergency
- Emergency room supplies and equipment and what they are used for
- How to perform triage on dogs and cats
- Discuss primary assessment and its importance in advanced life support
- Oxygen and fluid therapy and when it is used
- What is cardiopulmonary arrest and how to perform CPR on dogs and cats
- Ventilated vs manual CPR including compression to breath ratios
- Post cardiopulmonary arrest care
Course participants will receive the following:
- A copy of our 88+ page full color Canine and Feline Advanced CPR and Emergency Care (E-book only)
- Upon successful completion and receiving a passing score on all assessments, participants will be able to immediately print their official certificate. Clinics may also request a customized lobby certificate to hang in their waiting room to promote that their staff is certified.
Upon completion of this class participants will be certified in Canine and Feline CPR and Advanced Life Support**
“This program 20-750851 is approved by the AAVSB RACE to offer a total of 0.00 CE Credits (0.00 max) being available to any one veterinarian: and/or 3.00 Veterinary Technician CE Credits (3.00 max). This RACE approval is for the subject matter categories of: Category Three: Non-Scientific-Practice Management/Professional Development using the delivery method of Non-Interactive-Distance. This approval is valid in jurisdictions which recognize AAVSB RACE; however, participants are responsible for ascertaining each board’s CE requirements. RACE does not “accredit” or “endorse” or “certify” any program or person, nor does RACE approval validate the content of the program.” This course is NOT RACE approved for licensed veterinarians, only veterinary technicians.
Although Pet Emergency Education teaches the most current industry standards for animal CPR, we are in no way affiliated with the RECOVER Initiative, its affiliated organizations or its RECOVER training program.
Continuing Education Credits for Veterinary Technicians
We take great pride in offering RACE approved Continuing Education Units to veterinary technicians. In order for your staff to receive RACE CEU’s AAVSB requires us to submit the state and credentialing number for each technician (CVT, RVT, LVT). Without this information we will can only provide generic CEU’s, not RACE approved CEU’s. We encourage each of your technicians to create a free RACEtrack account with AAVSB. This site will sync to RACEtrack, the AAVSB’s CE tracking system, and provide a seamless connection between CE providers, licensees, and regulators. Your techs will be able to access all of their CEU in one location and submit them to them to their state board. If the technicians choose not to use RACEtrack we will still provide a downloadable certificate from their account on our website, however we cannot guarantee your state will accept it for Continuing Education. You were given the opportunity to provide this information at checkout before you entered your credit card information. If you neglected to do this then you need to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org before the class is held.