This course in no way will teach how to administer veterinary care and is an introductory emergency first aid course for horse owners and equine professionals to learn how to manage a medical emergency until veterinary care can be ascertained.
Course participants will receive the following:
- A copy of our 88+ page full color EquiAid Reference Guide E-book or printed book (add’l $24.95 plus shipping)
- 2 year subscription to the Pet Emergency Education Online Resource Center
- Upon successful completion and receiving a passing score on all assessments, certification wallet cards and an official certificate may be printed immediately upon completion of the course.
- Copyright access to use the EquiAid logo to promote that you are certified
- Stables and/or groups can request a framable certificate to hang in their barn, observation room, etc. to show that you are certified.
This online training consists of video presentations and tutorials which are asynchronous and can be viewed at the participants own pace. Participants may log in and out as much as they like but must complete the training within 30 days. Videos and tutorials are presented by Pet Emergency Education staff and our veterinary affiliates. Video presentations are tracked and progress is monitored throughout this training. There are 3 learning modules in the training and a quiz at the end of each module. You must pass a module and the corresponding quiz with 100% in order to move on to the next module. The final exam will be available after you have passed each of the module quizzes and must also pass with an 100%.
Module #1 Handling and transporting sick/injured horses
Module #2- Triage and the Equine First Aid Kit
Module #3- Managing Common Medical Emergencies that occur with horses
“This program 20-798192 is approved by the AAVSB RACE to offer a total of 3.00 CE Credits (3.00 max) being available to any one veterinarian: and/or 3.00 Veterinary Technician CE Credits (3.00 max). This RACE approval is for the subject matter categorie(s) of: Category One: Scientific using the delivery method(s) of: Non-Interactive-Distance. This approval is valid in jurisdictions which recognize AAVSB RACE; however, participants are responsible for ascertaining each board’s CE requirements”
Class also Qualifies for CEU with the Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship International